Teen Summer Reading Program Rules
The Teen Summer Reading Program runs from June 5th to August 31st.
It’s open to anyone from ages 12 to 19. Here’s how it works:
- Starting on June 5th, sign up for the Teen Summer Reading Program at the main circulation desk. When you do, you’ll get a limited-edition 2017 SRP button.
- While you’re at the circulation desk, pick up a Summer Reading Program reading log. We have two logs: one normal reading log and one choose-your-own-adventure. You can work on both at the same time, but each book/activity only counts once.
- Check out fun things at the library!
- Each time you finish reading something or doing a task, write it down in your log. When you’ve completed a whole page, hand in your reading log at the front desk.
- For every log you complete, you’ll earn one paperback book and one point. At the end of the summer, you can spend points on more books, gifts, and more.
- Every completed log also gets you one entry into the grand prize drawing. Turn in more sheets for more chances to win!
Check it out!
- Get credit for what YOU want to read. Lots of library materials count toward your goal: books, comics, audiobooks, and even some movies. Don’t forget to check out our digital collections, too! OneClickDigital has audiobooks, Overdrive has ebooks and audiobooks, and Hoopla has ebooks, comics, audiobooks, and video.
- If you read a book that is over 300 pages or listen to an audiobook that’s over 10 hours long, you can count it as 2 books.
The Pizza Party – Mark Your Calendars for Thursday, August 31st!
Our end-of-summer party will be at the Marshall library on Thursday, August 31st. Besides eating pizza, we’ll be drawing for the grand prizes. You can also spend your points on other prizes. All reading logs need to be turned in before the party on August 31st to earn prizes. (You’ll also need to sign up again for the party so we know what pizza you want.) There’s also a lock-in on June 16th for ages 13-19.