Marshall-Lyon County Library’s Homebound Delivery Initiative in Response to COVID-19
In light of community health issues, MLCL has temporarily expanded eligibility requirements for the Reader’s Café To Go Homebound Delivery Service.
Eligibility: anyone over the age of 60 or those with underlying health issues who are no longer leaving their homes who does not have someone who is able to pick up items for them from the library.
- If you do have someone who is able to pick up library materials for you, we can have them checked out and ready to go. Please call the library and let us know who will be picking up your materials for you. Materials will need to be picked up at the main circulation desk or from the drive-up window.
- If you or someone you know has trouble reading traditional print, the MN Braille and Talking Book Library, which can provide talking books and large print materials via mail, may be another option to look into. Available to all ages. Call the Marshall-Lyon County Library at 507-537-7003 or visit https://education.mn.gov/MDE/fam/mbtbl/index.htm for more information
Patrons wanting homebound delivery need to call the library at 507-537-7003 or email the following information to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Staff will ask you to provide the following information:
- Your name
- Phone number
- Library Card Number
- Email (if applicable)
- How many items would you like for approximately one month?
- Do you need or prefer large print?
- Your requests such as specific titles, authors, subjects, genres.
Note: We will do our best to fulfill your requests; however, with limited access to area collections please accept a staff recommendation if necessary. Also, recent releases might not be available.
How it works:
- No fines will accrue for late materials, but the library card holder is responsible for all fees associated with lost, missing or damaged items.
- Items will be checked out for one month, but may be returned sooner. Call us when you are ready for your next visit so we can add you to our delivery schedule.
- After your request, we will get back to you within two business days of when you can expect your delivery to occur.
- On delivery day, our delivery drivers will call the phone number you provided when they are at your address. Expect a call from a number that isn’t the library’s phone number.
- Library staff will walk up and leave materials by the door. We will then step back until you have the chance to open your door and retrieve the materials. If you have materials to return the same procedure will apply. (This is in keeping with the CDC’s social distancing guidelines).