The Rubber Ducky Club is a summer early literacy program for infants and toddlers. You can log your and your child’s activities on a paper sheet or through the Beanstack website/mobile app.
Complete 13 activities to earn a rubber ducky! Complete 26 activities to earn a board book!
Please note that this program is not eligible for monthly or grand prize drawings.
The goal of the Rubber Ducky Club is to do the Five Early Literacy Practices every child needs to get ready to read, listen and write:
- Talking: Very young children can understand spoken words long before they can speak any of them––so talk to them. You will be amazed at how your child responds.
- Writing: Scribbling and drawing help children develop eye-hand coordination and the fine motor control they need to hold a pencil.
- Reading: Reading together remains the single most effective way to help children become proficient readers.
- Playing: Play helps children practice putting their thoughts into words.
- Singing: Singing slows down language so children can hear the different sounds in words to learn about