It’s time for our second annual All-Ages Flash Fiction Contest! This contest is open those who live in or near the Plum Creek Library System. Two age categories are available: 12 and under and 13 and up.
This year’s theme: A library patron does something extreme to return a borrowed item from many years ago.
- We are looking for previously unpublished pieces from writers of all ages!
- We ask that submissions adhere to the theme: “A library patron does something extreme to return a borrowed item from many years ago.”
- Submissions must be under 100 words, in a typed word document, single-page, 12-point, Times New Roman font.
- These stories may be displayed in the library for all ages to view, please avoid the use of obscenities and graphic depictions of sex or violence.
- Entries must be received no later than November 30th, 2022, but can be worked on throughout October and November.
- For anonymity, please do not include your name on your manuscript. Instead, please include a cover page.
Please provide your submission with a cover page that includes:
- Story Title
- Author Name
- Author Age
- Phone Number & Email Address
How Submissions will be Judged
- Judging will be broken into two categories: 12 and under and 13 and up.
- Each category will have 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners.
- All winners will receive a prize.
Send your submissions to email@example.com or submit in person to the main desk at Marshall-Lyon County Library.